Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sound bytes from desi weddings

With every lovely new bride, trial makeup session, unique wedding, excitement and buzz comes an exclusive memory of random statements... here are some of the latest ones:

1. I want to look like my self. (Of course, but do you wear a heavilly embroidered lehnga with all that jewelry every day?)
2. I don't want to look like a christmas tree. (That really isn't my style either)
3. I hate red-lipstick. (Hmm that is personal preference but i don't do red lips with a pink outfit either)
4. Can you make my dupatta feel lighter (Sorry sweetest! I can pin it so it does'nt intefere with movement but weight is something that should have been considered with purchasing the outfit)
5. I don't know what color Im wearing for the wedding. Can we do a trial makeup session ( For what color theme???)
6. I want to look pretty. (And i want the same thing for you too)
7. I don't want to look caked up (DO any of the brides you've seen in my portfolio look like they have icing on them?)
8. Do i have to pay tax too?
9. Do i have to reimburse the parking fee/valet fee too?
10. My wedding is over budget, we have 600 guests, can you give me a break (i would love to, but im working from 3:00 a.m- 7:00 p.m on your wedding my dearest to make you look and feel fantastic, shouldn't that be paid more than the price of your centre piece arrangements?
:D )

I adore all my brides- this is what makes the whole process so much fun!
XOXO
Saman

1 comment:

ayesha said...

Haha good Q&A!! Lovely blog :) keep up the good work